Instil is open and committed to finding new and improved ways to reduce environmental impact, with our aim for zero waste in the future.
- We use beeswax candles with refillable tea lights, rather than synthetic candles with throw-away tin holders
- We use glass bottles for both purity & to reduce environmental impact. Our plastic lids can be recycled and the glass bottles can be reused and upcycled into another product such as a flower vase
- We recycle boxes and packaging materials, and they may be further reused and passed onto you when receiving your goods
Reducing our carbon footprint
- By choosing natural essential oils as opposed to synthetic, we are not only eliminating the need for industrial manufacturing processes, but the air we breathe is clean and non toxic
- We purchase our organic ingredients directly from the supplier when possible
- Solar power is used on the premises where Instil products are created
Choosing natural over synthetic
Why not choose anything that smells nice, whether it’s natural or synthetic?
Aromatherapy essential oils are naturally occurring, found in different parts of plants – fruit, leaves, blossoms, flowers, stems, barks, resins and woods. Each essential oil is comprised of between 50-500 different naturally occurring chemicals, which is interesting as it can have both positive and negative effects, depending upon the oil.
Essential oils are used in aromatherapy to positively affect physical, emotional & mental health. They enter the body via the skin (massage/bath), or through inhaling them (oil burner/diffuser). Essential oils are said to be volatile, from the Latin word volare, ‘to fly’, meaning the speed in which they vapourise and spread throughout the air. Most essential oils are highly volatile and don’t last long in the air.
Fragrance oils are synthetically manufactured scents. They are artificially created fragrances and contain artificial substances, designed to mimic the scent of a natural product. You’re probably familiar with scents such as coffee or chocolate, often found in the soap and candle industry. The range of scents is huge and they are quite inexpensive. Manufacturers of these scents are often able to duplicate the fragrance of essential oils, but not the wellness benefits. These fragrance oils will consistently smell the same and be longer lasting than essential oils.
Essential oils have a life force that only Mother Nature can put together.
The complicated and forever changing scent is entwined with nature and its seasons, where it’s grown, how much sunshine or rain there was each season, or even if there was drought. Essential oils have played their part in history, sorcery, rituals, medicines and alchemy. Using essential oils is a way of playing with nature’s creations and is a powerful way of transcending the everyday.
Ethical Australian handmade products.
100% Pure & Natural. Respect Earth. Respect You.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – MARGARET MEAD
Subscribe to our newsletter